Learn how to create Streams for your Sessions / Functions.
Session / function streams are a way to group sessions / functions into relevant categories. For example: A group or workshops in the one room over the period of a day. You may set up a stream for each room in the venue, and then put that room’s sessions / functions in that stream.
When setting up a stream, depending on your individual event needs it is possible to nominate whether a delegate needs to select their sessions/functions from an individual stream, or if they are allowed to purchase sessions / functions from multiple streams.
You can also nominate how many sessions / functions an attendee can select from individual streams e.g. The attendee can select two sessions/functions from each stream. If however you wanted to give the attendee five sessions / functions from multiple streams in no particular format, the best way to manage this would be via a ticket, so they can select from anywhere they want until they reach five sessions/functions.
How to Enable Sessions / Function
- Navigate to Event Setup > Event Settings > Registrations
- Set Multiple Sessions / Function- Yes
- Update Include Streams- Yes
- Nominate whether the delegate has to select all of their sessions / functions from one stream or they can select from multiple streams.
- Click 'Save'
How to Create a Stream
- Navigate to Event Setup > Sessions / Functions > Streams
- Click 'Add Stream'
- Complete the following information:
- Name: Give the stream a name
- Start Time: Give the stream a start time on the day it begins
- Description: Give the stream a description. This is for internal purposes only
- Chairperson: If the stream has a chairperson you can add one or leave it blank as its not a mandatory field.
- Colour: Select a colour for the stream. Each stream will have a colour highlighted for it, and the sessions / functions will be marked for the colour of the stream they belong in.
- Min/Max # Optional Sessions/Functions: If you wish to nominate how many sessions / functions can be select from this stream, add them in the Min / Max # Optional Sessions / functions field.
- Click 'Save'
Repeat the above process for all of your required streams.