There are times where you will charge a cancellation fee before refunding the rest of the money a delegate has paid.
The following instructions will help you with that.
To charge a cancellation fee then refund the remainder:
- Go to their registration in Manage Registrations > Delegate registrations > Edit
- Go to the statement tab > Tick the paid invoice and Edit
- Go to the Items tab > Tick every item in this tab > click Credit > Click Yes. This will create your credit note.
- Navigate back to the Statement Tab. You should now have the invoice that was credited, and the credit note.
- Click Add Invoice > Enter the details it asks for > Ensure the button for "Add items to this invoice" is ticked > Click Save to move on
- Make sure you're on the Items tab in this next screen > Click Add Item > Fill out the details it asks for here > See the example in the below image for taking a $40 fee.
- Save and navigate back to the Statement tab, you will now have 2 invoices (one paid, one unpaid) and the credit note.
- Click the credit note > Apply credit > Choose the unpaid invoice and Apply
- Now that we have paid the cancellation fee invoice, Tick the Credit Note again and click the Refund button to refund the remaining amount.
- Once you have done all this, navigate to Manage Registrations > Delegate Registrations and Cancel their registration.
You have now finished refunding while keeping a cancellation fee.