Learn about the integration with Microsoft Outlook and how this can help you manage your tasks and activities from iVvy.
The Outlook Tasks & Activities extension will push iVvy Tasks into Outlook Tasks and push iVvy Activities (Meetings) to Calendar Events in Outlook.
The integration will require each Outlook user to log into the integration as Microsoft will not allow us to control tasks & activities from an admin account.
To learn about the integration costs for this extension please contact email@example.com
Outlook is an account level only integration meaning that you cannot install at a venue level.
- Navigate to Global Settings > Applications > Extensions
- Click Install for 'Outlook Tasks & Activities'
Note: You will need to have Extensions enabled on your account to configure and install this extension. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need this setting to be turned on.
Installation of Outlook Users
- Once you have installed the integration, you will need the users of Outlook to authorise the app for their iVvy account. We can do this 2 ways.
Click the 'New Users' tab > Click 'Authenticate New User'
Note: This will take you through the Outlook authorise process.
Alternatively if you wish to provide the authorise link to your team, you can simply provide the OAuth URL provided. This code is unique to your account.
Click the 'Copy' button and share this link with your teams > Paste OAuth URL into your Google chrome browser
- Once the OAUTH process is completed, click the 'New Users' tab.
- Select the iVvy user from the drop down, mapping to the newly added Outlook Users.
Note: Once configured, you will then have the option to Disconnect the user or change the default task list that the tasks will push into for that user.
Under the Configuration tab, we’ll have the ability to determine how Tasks are managed between iVvy and Outlook.
- Click the Configuration Tab
- Set your time zone from the drop down
- Complete the Following for Task Configuration:
- Sync Tasks: This option will determine if Tasks will sync between both platforms.
- Enable Reminders on Tasks: This option determines if iVvy will set the “isReminderOn” parameter in Outlook event once the task is sent through.
- Custom Task List: This will give you the option to add a new task list to your existing task lists. If this field is blank, we will use the Default Task List selected in the User Mapping. If this field is not blank, then iVvy will use the value set in here.
- Complete the Following for Activities Configuration:
- Sync Activities: This option will determine if Activities will sync between both platforms.
- Add contact details from iVvy to calendar event: This option will determine if the contact details of the activity in iVvy should be added as an “attendee” to an event created in Outlook.
- Allow New Time Proposals: This option will determine if the flag in a calendar event will allow attendees to propose a new time.
- Enable Reminder On Activities: This option determines if iVvy will set the “isReminderOn” parameter in Outlook event.
- Create Online Meeting Automatically: This option will determine if an online meeting is automatically created when an event is created.
- Default Sensitivity: Select the default sensitivity iVvy should use when sending activities to Outlook as Meetings.
- Default “Show As” status: Select the default 'Show As' iVvy should use when sending activities to Outlook as Meetings.
- Default Importance Of Activity: Select the default priority iVvy should use when sending activities to Outlook as Meetings.
- Click 'Configure'
Once configured future tasks and activities (meetings) will sync through to Outlook for any Users you have setup.