Search Engine Optimization is a process that allows people using search engines (like Google and Yahoo) to find you easier. Search Engines look for certain things within websites that determine the informational value of the website. The more valuable they perceive the website to be, the higher the website will appear on the search engines, therefore, the more people will see your website link and click on it.
To Optimize your Website pages for the Search Engines:
- Make a list of your Keywords. These are the words or phrasing people looking for you on the Internet are likely to use. For instance, if you are holding an event for a party balloons supplier you may use the keywords, "party" "balloons" "party supplier" "birthdays". To find the best keywords, go to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool, type "balloons" into the search box and then inspect the list that appears. Terms that have a small amount of competition (indicated by a green bar) and a large Local Monthly Search are the best terms to use.
- Edit your page by going to Event Setup > Website > Website Pages
- Click edit on the web page you wish to optimize
- Click the settings tab on the left hand side and change your Page Names. Page names are the first things a Search Engine will look for.
- Use the Headings Text for important information. Using the paragraph style Headings 1, Headings 2 and Headings 3 helps to improve your SEO. Use these paragraph styles sparingly and keep this sections keyword rich. For instance, our Balloons Supplier Event may have their Sponsors Page say, "We'd like to thank our sponsors for supporting the party balloon supplier industry," in a Heading 1 or Heading 2 paragraph style. By adding this to their page, they are helping optimize the page for the phrase "party balloon supplier."
- Use your keywords in your text. If you are adding text to your webpages, make sure you use your keywords regularly. Choose about 4 to 6 keywords for each page and use them as often as is appropriate.
- Use links within your text. Turn the keywords in your text into links to other related pages by highlighting the text then clicking on the icon that looks like a globe. This is most appropriate when your text says "Party Balloons" and the title of the page your are linking is also "Party Balloons".
- Use Alternative Text on images. When inserting an image, make sure you fill in the Alternative Text field with your keywords. For examples, and image of a balloon may have the Alt Text "Balloon from Norm's Party Balloon Supplies."
- Meta Description. This is a summary of the page's content as is very important for Search Engine Optimization. Use your keywords to create a summary of the page. For instance, "Norm's Party Balloons Supplies is looking for Abstract Submissions for their Party Balloons Supplier Event in Sydney.".
We recommend that you do this for all the pages on your website for the maximum SEO you can achieve.