The report builder allows you to build custom reports that are not currently a pre-loaded standard report. They can be saved and told to regenerate on a regular basis to keep your data current.
There are four different types of reports that you can create.
- Attendees Reports
- Registrations reports
- Exhibitors Reports
- Booths Reports
This means that the reports populated will be based around these items as a foundation.
To create an custom report:
- Name: Give the report a name
- Report Type: Select the type of report you wish to create.
- Click Next>>
- Fields to Include: You will be given a number of standard fields to include in your report. You can tick the fields that you wish to be included. Then below this, will be your custom fields that you have added to attendees during the registration process. Tick the fields you wish to include in your report.
- Field Order: You can drop and drag the order of the fields as you wish them to appear within your report. To do this, mouse over the 8 small squares to the left of the field name, and your pointer will become a 4 arrow diamond. Drag the field up and down as required. Don’t forget to click the “Save sort order” button after you have dragged the field to where you want it. Click Next
- Filters: Filters allow you to filter out information based on parameters you add, e.g. if they selected yes to a yes/no custom field.
- Select “Add Filter”
- Field: Select the field you wish to filter on
- Is: Select how you wish to filter your data. Once you select an “is”, a Value dropdown will appear.
- Enter in the value you are searching for and save.
- “All of the above conditions must be”: this means that if you add multiple filters, then for an attendee to show in this report they must meet “ALL” filters conditions.
- “Any of the above conditions can be true”: This means that if you add in multiple filters, then an attendee must only meet one or more filter conditions to appear in your reports.
- Click Next
- Settings: The settings allow you to control details about how the report will be generated. If you are providing it to external sources, if you want to sort your data by a certain field, or to group your data.
- Sort Report Data: This will allow you to sort your data alphabetically ascending or descending by a specific or multiple columns. So if you want your data sorted by company and then attendee alphabetical order you would put the first sort column as company, and the second “then by” as attendee name.
- Group Report data: You can group report data by a certain field, once again by company or ticket type etc. Select yes to group report data, select which data to group by and then tick the summary columns you wish to display as a group. This will create a new column on your report with a merged field with all the data in that group.
- Allow external access to Report: If you wish to provide external access to certain reports without giving them further access and logins to your system, you can turn on access to reports as “YES” and an external URL to your reports is generated in four different formats.
Generally only HTML and CSV versions of the reports will be provided, unless the client has a technical platform they wish to import the data into to work in their own software. Most software's support CSV also, so it needs to be discussed with the client/person receiving the report which version of the report that they will need.
- HTML: This provides a web page version of the report for the viewer to see
- CSV: This provides a table version of the report which you can open and view with the likes of Microsoft excel and other spreadsheet programs.
- XML: Is a flexible format that would mainly be provided to clients that wish to import the data into another program that supports this format.
- You provide this URL to your clients, etc. that wish to see the reports. This works in conjunction with the “Build Report Every” feature.
- Build Report Every: The link that is provided to clients, or that you view in the back end is not “Live Data” each time you click on the link. This means the data is only current “AS OF” the time the report was built. If people register for the event, or make a payment, the report will not display this until it is “Rebuilt”. This is where you set how often the report is rebuilt for access. If you want it to update once a day, or once a week depending on how often you will need to access these reports, set the number of days accordingly.
- Save the report, and Click “Build Now”.
- At any time you can edit your reports add new fields, remove fields, change filters settings etc.