Learn how to create an E-document so your clients can electronically sign your agreements.
E-Contracts, E-Proposals, and E-BEOs are a way to provide your client with a document which they can sign electronically. Existing documents cannot be converted but it may be possible to copy the content from an existing document.
How to create an 'E-Document'
E-Contracts, E-Proposals, and E-BEOs are separate from your existing documents (PDF Version) and will need to be created from scratch.
They can be added in the same way as the regular documents; by navigating to Setup > Templates > Document Templates > Add Template > Generic Template - Select E-BEO, E-Proposal or E-Contract depending on the document you want to create.
This document will include the [SIGNATURE] placeholder by default. This placeholder will only request the signature of the customer.
Alternatively, you can change the placeholder to the [DUAL_SIGNATURE] placeholder which will request a signature from the client and the venue.
Updating Signature Placeholder
- Highlight the existing [SIGNATURE] placeholder.
- Click on the Placeholder icon
- Select Dual Signature
- Click 'Ok'
Updating Template to have Multiple Signatures
If you require multiple signatures on your documents, from up to 10 parties, the multiple signature feature would be suitable.
- Highlight and remove the existing [SIGNATURE] and [DUAL_SIGNATURE] placeholders from your E-Document
- Click your curser where you would like the first signature to be.
- Click the Insert E Signature button on your toolbar
- Add Name for Signing Order 1
- Click 'Ok'
- If you require multiple signature from that party simply repeat the above, however instead of creating a new signatory, select them from the Signatory drop down.
- Repeat the above until you have added all required signature fields
- Click 'Save'