Learn how to create default booking notes and how to add them to your quotes and bookings for your documents.
Default Booking Notes save you time when creating your Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and other documents in the system.
Default Notes allows you to create a template that can be inserted into your bookings as a note, without having to type them out each time. You can also tell the system that a note type is mandatory before a BEO can be created within bookings. E.g. A BEO cannot be created unless a signatory note with the signatory information is added to the booking.
Booking notes are a way to add comments or notes about a particular booking. You can have default notes that appear on all bookings, and also add manual notes that you can create specific to that booking as well. You can also nominate whether you want these notes to be private, or whether they need to appear on your BEO (Public).
Creating a new Default Booking Note
- Navigate to Setup > Templates > Default Booking Notes within the venue you wish to add the note.
- Click 'Add Default Booking Notes'.
- Complete the following:
- Note- Description/detail of the note.
- Applies To- Select the most appropriate heading for your note. This will effect where it will fall on your Banquet Event Order.
Note: if you do not assign the note to a heading, the note will not be displayed on your documents.
- Is Required- If you select yes: a Banquet Event Order can not be created without this note added to a booking.
- Click 'Save'.
Adding Default Notes to a Quote or Booking
- Navigate to the quote or booking you wish to add the note to:
- Sales > Quotes > Select and edit Quote
- Bookings > Booking > Select and edit Booking
- Click 'Notes' Tab > Select 'Add Item' > Add From Default Notes
- Select note/s you wish to add from the pre-populated list.
- Select and edit the note as required for this booking
Note: If you have a note allocated to the heading; menu, beverage, session/function or resource, you will need to edit the note and select which items the note is to be applied to.
If you do not select an item, the note will note appear on the event order.
- Click 'Save'.