Learn how to create User Policies which dictate what a User can and can't do when logged into iVvy.
When creating a User in iVvy, you will assign the User to a User Group.
A User Group determines what Venues or Events a User will have access to and what User Policy they will be linked to.
The User Policy determines what a user can and can't do in the iVvy system.
You may want to setup your User Policies based on job roles in your business for example; Sales, Events or you may want to set these up based on general access for example; full access, venue level access or view only.
To create a User Policy:
- Navigate to Global Settings > Users > User Policy
- Click 'Add Policy'
- Complete the following:
- Name: Name your policy- this will be what you link to the User Group so you will want the name of the policy to be easily identifiable.
- Description: An overview of the policy and access. This is purely for internal purposes and is optional.
- Expiry Date: The Date the policy will expire (optional)
- Days Until Password Expires: If you do not want the policy to expire, leave this as 0
- Can Export Data: Whether the user export data for reporting etc.
- Click each heading in blue for Access Rights. This will highlight different areas of the system and break down the levels of access you can provide. Options are generally:
- All: Full Access
- List: View Only
- View: View Only
- Add: Create New
- Edit: Ability to edit
- Delete: Ability to delete
Note: If you have any questions or are unsure of what a field is giving access to, please contact Support on email@example.com
- Once you have selected the Access Rights and completed all mandatory fields, click 'Save'
- Repeat the above until you have all Policies required to complete the setup of your Users.
To learn about Creating User Groups, click here.