iVvy gives you the ability to send out invite emails from your specific event, allowing the recipient to click on a yes or no link to say if they are attending your event.
If the recipient selects "Yes", they are taken to the registration page and asked to select the number of tickets they would like to purchase. They will click next, and their information that you have stored in the system will pre-fill into the fields for the main contact. The recipient will not be able to edit their contact information, however they will be able to fill in or edit the custom fields associated with the event.
If the recipient selects "No", you can customise a page they are taken to with “Reasons they could not attend”, such as “other commitments” etc, with a message of your choice underneath. Once the recipient as opted out of attending, and selected confirm, they are then taken to the home page of the event registration.
You are given an itemised report on responses from all the recipients you have sent out invites to. You can see how many have registered that you invited, how many said no, and how many haven’t responded, and from here can also cater new emails based on responses e.g. Re-send secondary invites to recipients who didn’t respond.
This gives you are pretty versatile system to report on invitations for your event.
Before creating your email campaign, it's best to create your filter or subscription group that you are going to send to.
To create an invitation only email:
- Within your event, navigate to: Marketing > Email Campaigns
- Click on “Create Email Campaign”
- Select “Create from scratch” (You are able to copy any previous campaigns you have created also)
- Name: Give the email a name. This is for internal purposes
- Subject: This is the subject line the recipient will receive. Make sure that it is spam friendly. You can personalise it by using the insert field icon on the right-hand side of the box.
- Email Template: Select the relevant template for your campaign.
- From Email: Add in the email that you want the email to appear from. If you are sending your email to a lot of high-end corporations, then you may want to consider setting up an SPF record to reduce the chance of their servers blocking your email.
- From Name: This is the name that the email will appear from:
- Is this an invitation Email. Select Yes. Of course, if you just want to send an email about the event, and not have people select yes or no, you can change this setting to no.
- Template: If you have selected the generic email template, here a screen of templates will pop up. Select one, the page will automatically go to the next screen.
- Select “Click here to edit the HTML version of your campaign”
- Put in the text and images you wish, and then you can insert your yes/no links. Click on a text area that you wish to insert your links and then mouse over the toolbar. There are 3 images that are the same at the end of the top row, the third one if you mouse over it and do not click it will say “Insert YES/No buttons”. Click it to insert your buttons.
- You will now have links in your email that will automatically change for each person so iVvy recognises them when they click on the link.
- Now your email campaign is created, “go back to previous page” and save.
- Now you need to create your text version to reduce the spam rating of your email. When you send an email, both versions will be sent in the one email. Most recipients will never see this text version, their server will decide which one to display based on their security settings.
- Click on “Click here to edit the Text version of your campaign”
- If you wish to copy the text directly from your HTML campaign instead of retyping it all, you can click on the middle button that is a clipboard with HTML written on it. It will bring over all the text for you.
- Edit the text accordingly and then save.
- Click on next and select a footer. These are mandatory due to spam laws, so we have programmed a number of different wording options for the unsubscribe link.
- Select recipients → You can select a pre-added subscription group, select a pre-added filter, or send to all.
- Click next.
- You can send yourself a test if you wish to see how the email will appear in your inbox. Select Next.
- Schedule: You can send “Now” or set a time and date to send, or select do not send and then come back and send it at a later date.