SMS marketing is a good way to immediately communicate messages to your contacts.
You could use it to communicate changes to an event while the event is in progress, or even as a tool to communicate with attendees prior to the event eg: as a reminder of the event date and time, and where you want attendees to park.
Messages can be personalized for each recipient, and allow contacts to unsubscribe for SMS communication as per the SPAM laws by replying “stop” (case insensitive) .
Creating a new SMS Campaign
- Navigate to Marketing > SMS Campaigns, and click on the “Create new SMS Campaign” button
- Choose to create a campaign from scratch, or copy a previously created campaign
- Give the Campaign a Name for your own records
- You can personalize the message received by the recipient by clicking on the “Insert Custom Field” button and choosing the field you want included. You have 160 characters to create your text, if you exceed this number of characters then a fee of 2 texts per recipient will be charged for the campaign.
- On step 2, you can determine your audience by selecting to send to;
a) Everyone - All contacts in your database.
b) Specific Marketing Groups - The contacts that are subscribed to the selected Subscription Groups.
c) Saved Contact Filter - A filter allows you to target the campaign to an audience based on the information stored on them, the groups the contact has subscribed to, and whether the contact is attending or has RSVP’s for a particular event. You can create new contact filters in Settings > Contacts > Filters.
- Send yourself a test SMS message. You will not be charged for the test message, but you are limited to only being able to send 5 test messages.
- Schedule the email for either a time today, or for a future date.
- You will only be able to send a campaign once you have confirmed the fees for the campaign and the terms and conditions. You can click on the link to view the contacts that will be receiving your email campaign.
The cost of the campaign will be invoiced to you for payment.