The Bulk Editor allows users to quickly detail and edit multiple sessions / functions without navigating to different pages. Please note that this feature is currently in Beta and is only Phase 1.
Phase 1 is limited to the 'Session / Function Details' tab, but Phase 2 will include in-line editing of the other session / function tabs/items (e.g. menus, resources, products, notes and setup requirements)
There are currently two areas of the system utilizing the bulk editor; these are:
- Session / Function Table: Shows all sessions / functions within a particular booking
- Venue -> Bookings -> Booking -> Sessions / Function -> Bulk Editor (Beta)
- Multi-booking Session / Function Table: Shows all sessions / functions across all bookings for a particular day of the venue
- Venue -> Bookings -> Sessions / Functions (Beta)
Both of these have the same functionality, however the Multi-booking Session / Function Table has 3 extra columns to distinguish between bookings, these being:
- Booking Name
- Booking Reference
- Booking Contact
Other planned enhancements include:
- Keyboard shortcuts (e.g. copy/paste)
- Save and manage custom layouts
- 'Add' button will add a new row, instead of existing form in the side pane
- Additional buttons to cancel unsaved changes and filter data on any conflicts
- Change loss prevention (e.g. if web browser closes unexpectedly)
- In-line editing of infrequently used fields
- Copy items from feature: will be able to search for a booking, select its items and add to one or more sessions
- Save and share custom layouts
Click here if you would like to provide feedback on this feature for phase 2.
To navigate to our new Bulk Session / Function Editor navigate to your Quote or Booking > Click Sessions / Functions Tab > Select Bulk Session/Function Editor.
The functionality and keyboard functions are described below.
- Can in-line edit most fields (exceptions listed below) by double-clicking on the cell or pressing the ‘Enter’ key.
- Greyed-out columns indicate that they are not directly editable, e.g. BEO #
- ‘Edit’ indicates that the field is not directly editable, but opens in a new pane. These are applied to fields that may have additional fields depending on the input, e.g. Space Hire Price.
- Can select ‘Edit’ (RHS of each row) to open tabbed structure and add session / function items, e.g. menus. Any unsaved changes (for that row only) will be saved before the pane opens.
- Click on the small blue box and drag value down to overwrite values
- Select ‘Columns’ to enable/disable columns
- Click on the filter icon to set filters
- Enter text below column name to search/filter the rows
- Enter = opens/closes input field
- Tab = moves to next field
- Shift+ Tab = moves to previous field
- Arrow keys = moves up, down, left, right