Skip logic allows you to add triggers that only show custom fields if certain conditions are met during the registration process.
For example, you may set-up a custom field for 'Dietary Requirements'. If your registrant does not fit within the pre-selected dietary options, they can select the óther' option. You can then have a custom field that will ónly' show for those registrants that selected the óther' option.
To apply skip logic to your event:
- Navigate to: Event Setup > Custom Fields
- Set up (add) your permanent custom fields that will always be visible.
- Then, set up (add) your custom fields that will only be visible when a ''specific requirement' (Skip Logic) is met.
- At the bottom of the ''Ádd Custom Field'' box, you will see a drop-down that says "Show If". Click on this box and you will be presented with a list of custom fields for which you can check to see the answer to your skip-logic question. In our example, we want to only show our new custom field if the box "Other" is selected, So I would tick "Other" on this screen and save.
- Complete a test registration for your event to confirm the skip logic works as required.