A refresher on allocating Room Types
There are a couple of different ways you can manage rooms and capacities within iVvy.
Just a number: You can add a total number of rooms available such as 100, and then add in individual room types and it will deduct from that total number per night.
Specific rooms: You can add in rooms such as standard and deluxe, and set up a capacity for each room, such as 10 x standard, 5 x deluxe available.
Specific Rooms with Daily Rates: Specific Rooms with daily rates allows you to set different capacities on each day for your rooms, e.g. You may have 10 x standard rooms on monday, and 12 x standard rooms on tuesday.
Daily Room Rates
- Navigate to Event Setup > Hotels
- Edit the hotel you are setting up rooms for
- Click on the rooms tab at the top of the page
- Click “Add Room”
- Give the room a name as you wish it to appear e.g. Deluxe Villa
- Give the room a type e.g. King Suite
- Give the room a capacity how many attendees can share in this room. Please note, sharing can only be accomplished if attendees are in the same registration. You cannot share different registrations into a single room.
- Nominate whether the room is non-smoking
- Insert an image of the individual room if you have one
- If you are making commission add in the $ or % amount. This is for internal purposes and you will only see it here.
- Nominate whether to charge attendees (this setting is overridden by the hotel settings so if they don’t match this will not be applicable)
- Nominate whether the room is tax free or not.
- Add a minimum number of nights stay the room must be booked at if applicable
- Can extend reservation extends on the dates that you made the hotel available when you set it up. You can set a number of days before and after those dates if you wish attendees to be able to arrive early.
- If you wish to make this room available to all tickets, or only specific tickets, change the apply to setting as necessary.
- Select whether you want this room to show on the website profile
- Click Save
- Navigate to the “Daily Room Rates Tab”
- Click “Edit Rates” and select the room to add in daily prices and capacities
- You will be prompted to add in a default. Fill in the fields and click save.
- You will then be able to edit each day individually with price and capacity.
Repeat this process for each room that you need to add.