Learn how to add tickets to your Event.
The word Tickets could be interpreted in many different ways, however in the case of the iVvy system, a ticket is what gives a person entrance to an event. If a person is attending any portion of the event, then a ticket is necessary as it is tied in with the scanning app, name badges and attendance certifications.
A lot of people ask the question, can I bring my partner as ticket extra to the dinner? The system is flexible enough to do this and a lot of clients have, however it is definitely not recommended as it will make more work for you as the event organiser and negates a lot of the automation that iVvy offers you. To attain accurate numbers of attendance doing attendance as a ticket extra, you would need to collate reports from purchase of different sections and you can no longer scan people into that dinner, as they are not technically attending the event as they don’t have a ticket. As a result you will have to go back to manual entries ticking them off a spreadsheet, and will not be able to print place settings or name badges from iVvy for the ticket extra or session purchases, these would have to be created manually.
So to summarise, a ticket is an entry to an event, a ticket extra and a session is what “that” person is entitled to with their entrance to the event.
To create a ticket
- Navigate to: Event Setup > Tickets > Add Ticket
- Complete the following:
- Name: The name of your ticket will appear on the Event Website.
- Category: Select a ticket category or add one if necessary. A ticket category will categorise your tickets on your event website so ticket selections look neater. A category can also be used to show particular categories of tickets on different pages of your website.
- Cost: Enter cost of ticket per person
- Capacity: Add capacity of ticket. If you do not have a limit on tickets, enter 0
- Ticket Type: Select if your ticket type is individual or table tickets. If creating a table ticket, please elect how many seats per table. The system will calculate the cost per person x seats available at the table to determine the overall table ticket cost.
- Minimum Per Registration: The minimum number of tickets that can be selected by attendees when registering for the event. This is not a mandatory field.
- Maximum Per Registration: The maximum number of tickets that can be selected by attendees when registering for the event. This is not a mandatory field.
- Description: This description will show on the event website. We recommend entering the ticket inclusions in this field.
- Minimum Sessions Allowed: If you have optional Sessions turned on in your event and you would like to force a minimum for delegates to select when registering, enter the minimum here.
- Maximum Sessions Allowed: As above, however for the maximum amount of sessions a delegate can select.
- Show Description When Printed: Yes/No- Whether you would like the ticket description printed on the ticket.
- Available For: Select who your ticket is available for.
- Primary Contact Group: If you would like anyone who registers for this ticket to be added to a Subscription Group, please select the subscription group from the drop down.
- Record Guests: If the delegate is purchasing this ticket for themselves and a guest, would you like the system to record the guests information. When selected you can then dictate what information to record.
- Restrict to Certain Contacts: This is an invitation only feature. If you have a pre-existing subscription group that you wish only people in this group to purchase this ticket, change allowed groups to yes, and select the subscription group a person has to already be in to purchase the ticket.
- Show in Program: The system generates a program based on tickets, and sessions associated with that ticket. If you wish to build a program for “This ticket” change to yes.
- Send Notification Emails: If you wish the delegate to receive a confirmation of their purchase change to yes.
- Select 'Save'